CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 25, 2008

Surprised!!

Some of you might know that this year is a momentous year for me...I am turning 30. A few months back I mentioned to Ben that since this is such a big birthday, it might be nice to have a party, maybe even a surprise party. He proceeded to tell me that I really didn't want one, that I didn't like that kind of thing. Well, being the "helpful" wife I am, I then went on to remind him weekly at first and then twice a week the past few weeks that my birthday was coming up...Ben, being the husband he is, seemed not to pay much attention. I really thought that he had not done anything about my birthday and was beginning to think that he was going to plan something the day of (not very exciting).

Well, last Saturday night we had plans to drop Elias off at my parents and go and see a movie, or so I thought. We had talked about doing dinner first, but Ben "conveniently" wasn't hungry. So off we went to drop off Elias and head out when....sure enough Ben had planned a surprise party for me at Mom and Dads. Friends from church and Emmaus were there to celebrate and boy, was I surprised! We had a fun time visiting and watching the kids play. I even did have a piece of great birthday cake (carrot cake, one of my favorites) despite my strict pregnancy diet.
Ben did a great job with the surprise...more than I could have asked for. Truly a great husband...now lets see what he does on my real birthday:)

The cake! Carrot and lemon poppy seed.

5 comments:

The Essons said...

I'm so glad that you got your big party Jenna! Yipee for Ben picking up on those hints :0)

Love you!

Jason, Angie and Brady said...

Wait a minute - is that a new haircut?

Kim Ferguson said...

Happy Birthday!
I am so glad you got surprised!

Jenna M said...

Angie-
It is a new haircut. I needed one and thought something shorter might be good since I have trouble getting it done somedays with just Elias...much less another one coming! I wasn't sure what I thought at first, but it is growing on me now.

Jason, Angie and Brady said...

Looks cute!!!