CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Introductions


We would like to introduce to you...




Zachary Hanley Mathew
born 2/08/08 at 3:19 p.m.
6 lbs 1 oz.
19 inches long

He took a while to decide to join us, but once he did, we met him very quickly. The day was long for me, a lot of waiting and waiting, but thankfully I was comfortable (the epidural is definately my friend!). After what seemed like forever, Zac decided he was ready to come around 3 pm. We called my mom to come over to be there for the delivery, but Zac didn't give her much time (or the Dr. and nurses much time for that matter). I pushed through 2 contractions, a total of maybe 5 minutes and he made his appearance!



He did have some breathing difficulties at first and spent the night in the NICU with oxygen, but got off that pretty quick. He is off all monitors now and is working on nursing. We are getting the hang of it now and he is starting to gain some weight. Zac may spend one more night here, while I am being discharged today...but he is doing very well and should be home soon!



Elias has been at Grandma and Grandpa's all weekend and has been getting spoiled royally. He has not met Zac yet, and hasn't seen mom in a few days either. I am missing him terribly, but I am sure he is doing fine.

We are so thankful for him and this blessing from God!


We will post more pictures of Zac and the family as the week goes on. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Williams' Family said...

Congrats Jenna!!!!

I am glad to hear that he is doing better! Hopefully he will be able to join you at home tomorrow!

The Essons said...

Congratulations Jenna -He is absolutely gorgeous! I'm so happy for you guys!!! Take care -love you!

Rachel H said...

What wonderful news! I am so happy for you guys! Having two boys is so much fun!

Robin said...

Congratulations, Ben and Jenna! What a cutie pie :o)

Charity said...

Congratulations on the birth of new baby Zachary!
Can't wait to see him in person!